For the first time in my life I was really thinking about what I ate, not in terms of how fat (or thin) it would make me, but in terms of what that would do for me...nutritionally.
Over the last 8 meatless months I have learned to cook with tofu, eggplant, chickpeas, spinach, and a variety of other ingredients that once would have never even made it into my shopping cart before. I feel healthier, less dense, and more energized at 30 years old then I ever have before. That's not to say I don't snag a few bites of Paul's Ben & Jerrys now and then, or indulge in a cookie or three on a bad day. Some habits die harder then others--though I have managed to switch to soy lattes and biscotti instead of regular lattes and muffins. But in general I've found (and will continue to find) new ways to cook with foods that not only taste good but fuel my body in the healthiest way possible. I plan to use this blog to post some of my new found favorite recipes, interesting info regarding a healthier, greener lifestyle (do you know what's in YOUR mattress?) and I'm sure some of the usual daily stuff will sneak in here too. Will try to post my favorite new recipe for roasted chickpeas later tonight!
Emi-
ReplyDeleteYEA!!!!!!
Love you! You are an inspiration to being a better me!
Welcome to the blogosphere Emi! :-)
ReplyDelete