Thursday, May 14, 2009

Slowing Down

So it's been over a month since I blogged, which seems almost impossible. Part of my absence has had to do with school filling up my days and nights. And part of it has to do with just simply not having anything much to say. Paul tells me that part of the point of a blog is just to say what you did today--which I suppose is fine, but do you all really care that I slept in, went to the gym, answered emails, read a book? I feel if I'm going to take the time to write things down then I should have something substantial to share. 
So what's substantial tonight? Not much---which may be pretty substantial in and of itself. My beautifully busy school year has finally come to a close. I'm looking at a 3.9 for the semester, which I will gladly take even though it makes me a "dork." (thanks, Ted) 
I am winding down and looking forward some unstructured free time. Time to spend with Paul; Time to de-clutter my apartment; time to read the piles of books I've managed to amass, despite constant bookshelf purging (damn you Central Library book sale!!). And time to find some stillness in my life too. I lack stillness in mind and body. It's something I'd really like to find a bit of this summer before I go off to student teach in the fall. 
I want to see and spend real time with all my beautiful friends who are scattered to the winds.  Getting older is both wonderful and sad. I have friends to visit all over the country----but then again, my friends live all over the country. If I had my wish, Virginia would be surrounded not by MD and DC, but by NY, FL, HI, MA and WI. Come visit, people! I can't get to you all!
That's all for now. There's a pretty rain falling outside complete with thunder and lightening.I'd rather listen to that then my own thoughts. Perhaps next time I'll offer my reviews of our recent trips to the two "green" restaurants in town. 


No comments:

Post a Comment